CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CODER-PAYER (CPC-P)
The CPC-P® demonstrates a coder’s aptitude, proficiency and knowledge of medical coding guidelines and reimbursement methodologies from the payer’s perspective.
Course Information and Features
CPC-P qualifies you as a specialist in an insurance company.
The CPC-P prepares you for working in the payer’s office. You work in an insurance company and the certifications show your ability to process and pay claims correctly.
Health insurance providers employ the coders to analyse and settle claims appropriately. The CPC-P certification is applicable to those who want to work on payer’s side and demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of coding guidelines and reimbursement methodologies for all types of services from payer’s perspective.
The CPC exam thoroughly covers:
- ICD- 9 CM Chapter Specific Guidelines including all the chapters like Infection, HIV, Sepsis, Neoplasm, Diabetes and Hypertension, Pregnancy and Delivery, Burns, Fracture, Laceration, Poisoning, Myocardial Infarction and Stroke Coding and Aftercare Coding.
- Detailed Exposure to Evaluation and Management Coding(E & M) including Emergency Department and Critical Care Coding, Surgery Coding, Medicine Coding and Anesthesia Coding using sample charts and solved CPC exam papers.
- ICD-9 CM General Coding guidelines, conventions and coding for acute and chronic conditions and late effect, Impending and Pressure ulcer stages Coding.
- Complete Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Clinical tests, Diagnostic and Surgical Procedures.
- CPT-4 Procedure Coding and NCCI edits with Medical Billing Terminologies.
- Understanding Individual CPT Sections using plenty of sample charts and coding scenarios.
- HIPAA Training
- Medical Terminology.
- Concepts of Medical Billing and Healthcare
CPC/ CCS-P Exam Trained candidates are Eligible for taking AHIMA and AAPC approved certification exams like CPC, CCA and CCS-P.
Excellent Job Opportunities
AAPC or AHIMA Certified Medical Coders have a great career opportunity in India, UAE, Philippines, Canada, and various other countries.
Median Annual Salary (2015) $37,110 all for medical records and health information technicians*.
Job Opportunities in Insurance Companies
CPC-P certificate holders are hired to process and settle medical bills and claims in insurance companies. Accuracy in identifying the codes and treatment is the essential skill in an insurance company.