Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
Course Duration: 45 Days | 80 Minutes a Class
Medical auditing is a critical aspect of compliant and profitable physician practices. Whether it’s RAC audits or private payer denials, more health care organizations plan to have inspections conducted regularly. The risks of noncompliance with documentation and coding are massive. As a CPMA, you apply knowledge of coding and documentation guidelines to improve the revenue cycle of nearly all healthcare practices.
Course Information and Features
Certified Professional Medical Coder has expertise in:
Penalties for documentation and coding violations as per government guidelines.
Scope and Statistical Sampling Methodologies.
Medical Record Auditing Skills and Abstraction Ability.
Quality Assurance and Coding Risk Analysis.
Communication of Results and Findings.
The Medical Record.
The CPMA Exam
- 150 multiple choice questions
- 5 hours and 40 minutes exam duration
- Open codebook
The CPMA exam thoroughly covers:
- Medical Record Standards and Documentation Guidelines
- Coding and Documentation Compliance Guidelines
- Coding and Reimbursement Concepts
- Scope and Statistical Sampling Methodologies
- Medical Record Auditing Abstraction
- Category Risk Analysis and Communication
- Each candidate has to audit approximately 20 health care cases.
Two years of working experience in the medical coding field.
A CPMA’s earnings are close to USD 64,634.
Protecting service providers from fraudulent activity
They help keep healthcare providers out of the fraudulent activity.
Crucial to healthcare providers
CPMAs have a clear understanding of the risks of non-compliance. That is why CPMAs are valuable to healthcare practices and organizations.